Vegan Taco Salad is hearty, filling, and full of delicious Tex-Mex flavors! The whole thing comes together in just over 30 minutes, and it's perfect for meal-prepping and packed lunches.
If you love a good salad that tastes like it should be unhealthy but is actually full of fresh, whole-food ingredients, then this Vegan Taco Salad is for you!
One of the things I love about this taco salad is how simple it is. Other than making the tofu taco meat, the rest of just simple prep work. And the salsa-yogurt dressing might just be the easiest homemade dressing on the planet!
Not only does this easy salad make the perfect meal for the whole family, but it can be meal-prepped for quick assembly on a busy weeknight. Or divide it into containers for grab-and-go packed lunches throughout the week.
You'll love this recipe because it's:
- Simple & Delicious
- Quick & Easy
- Easy to make gluten-free
- Perfect for Meal Prepping and lunches!
- tofu taco meat -- The linked recipe for tofu taco meat is perfect for this recipe, but any vegan taco meat will work.
- romaine lettuce -- Any type of lettuce will work but I prefer chopped romaine lettuce for the crunch.
- black beans -- canned are easier, but homemade are also fine.
- cherry tomatoes -- quartered. You could also use larger tomatoes that have been diced. I just prefer the flavor and ease of cherry tomatoes.
- corn kernels -- I used frozen kernels but canned or fresh is also fine (just be sure its precooked).
- avocado -- for extra creaminess!
- cilantro --just skip it if you don't like the flavor.
- tortilla strips --for added crunch! You can either buy them or use the linked recipe to make them in the air fryer.
- unsweetened vegan yogurt -- I use soy yogurt. Coconut or cashew yogurt could also be used. You could also substitute with your favorite vegan sour cream or ranch dressing.
- restuarant-style salsa -- Either store-bought or homemade is fine.
See recipe card for quantities.
Here are step-by-step instructions with photos.
Follow the linked instructions for making the tofu taco meat.
While the taco meat is cooking, prep the other ingredients. Wash and chop the lettuce and cilantro. Quarter the tomatoes. Cube the avocado. Drain and rinse the beans. Defrost the corn.
Add the salsa and yogurt to a bowl and mix to combine.
Set the dressing aside.
When the taco meat is done, assemble the salad by adding the lettuce, tomatoes, black beans, corn, cilantro, and dressing to a bowl. Toss to combine. Top with avocado slices and tortilla strips. Serve right away.
Hint: lf you aren't planning to eat the salad right away, wait to add the dressing, avocado, and tortilla strips!
Here are a few variations if you want to switch things up!
- Spicy - use spicy salsa and add diced jalapenos to the salad.
- Quick and Easy - Make the tofu taco meat ahead of time or substitute with store-bought frozen vegan taco meat.
- Kid friendly - use mild salsa.
For this recipe, you'll need a cutting board, knife, and large bowl. You'll also need a baking sheet and skillet to make the tofu taco meat.
All of my favorite products and kitchen tools can be found in my Amazon shop.
How to serve
Serve Vegan Taco Salad as a healthy dinner or lunch. For meal prepping tips see below.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. If the dressing is on the salad, it will last 1 to 2 days in the refrigerator. If the dressing is on the side, it will last 3 to 4 days.
Vegan Taco Salad is great for meal-prepping. Just be sure to keep the dressing and the tortilla strips on the side. Add on just before serving.
Sure! There are plenty of delicious vegan ranch dressings out there to choose from, or you can make your own!
Vegan Taco Salad
- ½ cup unsweetened vegan yogurt or sour cream
- ½ cup restuarant-style salsa
- Follow the linked instructions for making the tofu taco meat.
- While the taco meat is cooking, prep the other ingredients. Wash and chop the lettuce and cilantro. Quarter the tomatoes. Cube the avocado. Drain and rinse the beans. Defrost the corn.
- Add the salsa and yogurt to a bowl and mix to combine. Set aside.
- When the taco meat is done, assemble the salad by adding the lettuce, tomatoes, black beans, corn, cilantro, and dressing to a bowl. Toss to combine. Top with avocado cubes and tortilla strips. Serve right away.
Did you try this recipe? Have a question? Just leave a comment below and I'll get back to you ASAP!