This Crispy Tofu Salad combines crunchy veggies, sweet tomatoes, earthy almonds, tangy "honey" mustard dressing, and Chick-fil-A Style Tofu Nuggets for a satisfying yet healthy meal. Perfect for a make-ahead lunch or an entree salad. So tasty, you won't believe everything is 100% vegan and oil-free!
How do you make a perfect salad? I've always thought the best salads need one ingredient that tastes a little indulgent just to balance the rest out. And for this salad, that is the Chick-fil-A style tofu nuggets--except they're actually healthy because they're oil-free and baked in the oven! Score!
Add in the crunchiness of the lettuce, cucumbers, and carrots, the juiciness of the tomatoes, and richness of the almonds, and you have the perfect base. The "honey" mustard dressing is sweet and tangy with a little kick and ties everything together. As far as salads go, it doesn't much better.
You'll Love this Crispy Tofu Salad because it's:
- Quick & Easy
- Crunchy & Satisfying
- Big & Filling
- Tasty but Oil-Free
- Easy to Store or Make Ahead
- Absolutely Delicious!
Will this salad fill me up?
Salads can get a bad rap being "bird food," but that's not the case here. This tofu salad is so hearty, filling, and high in protein. Not only does this salad get its protein from the tofu nuggets, but it also gets a power bump from the almonds and the protein-rich dressing.
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- Chick-fil-A Style Tofu Nuggets
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup cucumber, sliced into half-moons
- ½ cup grated carrots
- ¼ cup slivered or sliced almonds
- vegan honey mustard dressing
How to make
Then just assemble the salad, toss, and sprinkle with almond slices or slivers. Finally, add the tofu nuggets and drizzle the dressing over the top. This recipe is super easy and perfect for a relaxing summer evening or any time of year!
If you're planning to make this chopped salad ahead of time, I recommend chopping and storing the veggies in separate containers. Wash and dry the lettuce and store in an airtight bag or container with a dry paper or kitchen towel to absorb any extra moisture. The vegan honey mustard dressing can be stored for up to a week in the refrigerator.
The tofu nuggets actually taste really nice when served cold on this salad. The flavors are enhanced and the texture is reminiscent of cold chicken. I actually prefer to eat them cold for this meal! The leftovers make a perfect, easy lunch for work or a busy afternoon when you're not in the mood to cook.
How to serve
This hearty tofu salad is perfect for a hot summer night or a make-ahead busy weekday lunch. (Just keep the elements separate in the fridge and add the dressing when serving).
Need something to eat on the go? This hearty country-style salad also makes the perfect filling for a wrap.
How to store
After the salad is dressed it will last about a day in an airtight container in the refrigerator. After that, the lettuce will get soggy.
- Southwestern Salad with Chili-Lime Tofu Nuggets
- No-Bake Carrot Cake Bites
- Cilantro-Lime Avocado Dressing (Oil-Free!)
- Creamy Vegan Coleslaw (Oil-Free!)
- Vegan Palak Paneer with Tofu (Oil-Free!)
Crispy Tofu Salad with Vegan "Honey" Mustard Dressing
- Follow the instructions linked above to prep and cook the tofu nuggets (35 to 40 minutes total).
- While the tofu nuggets are cooking prep the vegetables: wash and tear the lettuce; wash and cut the tomatoes and cucumbers; wash and grate the carrots.
- Make the honey mustard dressing following the instructions linked above. You will need a high-speed blender if you want to make the oil-free aioli from scratch (Or use store-bought vegan mayo.)
- To build the salad: Place the lettuce and other vegetables in a large bowl. Toss to combine. Sprinkle the almonds over the top. Add the tofu nuggets. Drizzle with vegan honey mustard dressing. Enjoy!
- Feel free to use whatever greens you like or have on hand. I chose romaine lettuce because I love the crunch factor, but I think this salad would also be great with spinach or mixed greens.
- One medium-sized carrot should yield more than enough grated carrot for this salad.
Did you try this recipe? Have a question? Just leave a comment below and I'll get back to you ASAP!