This Chipotle Corn Salsa is a super easy and delicious way to take your tacos, burritos, and bowls to the next level! Or use it as a dip alongside tomato salsa and guacamole. This recipe comes together in as little as 5 minutes!
Here at No Sweat Vegan, I'm all about quick and easy recipes, and this Chipotle-Style Corn Salsa definitely fits that description. You just need 6 simple ingredients and it comes together in about 5 minutes. I like to let it rest for at least a half hour or overnight before serving, but that doesn't require any work (unless you count the work of self control!)
Inspired by the Corn Salsa at Chipotle, I love adding this to burritos, bowls, and vegan quesadillas. It's got a sweet, spicy, and tangy flavor that really takes any dish to the next level. Give it a try today!
You'll love this Chipotle Corn Salsa recipe because it's:
- Simple & Delicious
- Quick & Easy
- Easy to make Kid-friendly
- WFPB & Oil-Free
- Perfect for adding to tacos, burritos, bowls, and more!
What type of corn should I use?
Chipotle uses white corn, but I can't get there where I live, so I used yellow corn. It doesn't really matter because there is no real difference in flavor. You can use fresh, frozen, or canned corn kernels for this recipe. (I used frozen!)
What does Chipotle-inspired mean?
Chipotle Mexican Grill is one of my favorite quick food joints. Unfortunately, the closest one to me is 1.5 hours away. So mostly I make due by making vegan Chipotle-inspired recipes at home. Thankfully, Chipotle lists all of their ingredients right on the website. Sometimes you have to play around with the quantitites, but there is no guessing where the flavors come from!
- corn kernels: You can use fresh, frozen, or canned corn. Both yellow and white corn are fine.
- fresh cilantro
- red onion
- lime juice: Lemon juice could be substituted in a pinch.
See recipe card for quantities.
Here are step-by-step instructions with photos.
Prep all of your ingredients (drain or defrost the corn, finely dice the onion, deseed and finely dice the jalapeno, and chop the cilantro). Add all of the ingredients to a bowl.
Mix to combine. For best results, let sit for 15 to 30 minutes before serving.
Hint: You can serve this right away, but letting the ingredients sit will give the flavors more time to mingle. Just give everything a quick stir again before serving.
Want to switch things up a little? Try some of these variations.
- Extra Spicy - add another jalapeno.
- Roasted - add roasted poblano peppers to make Roasted Chili Corn Salsa.
- Deluxe - Add black beans and cubed avocado for an easy corn salad.
- Kid-friendly - remove or reduce the jalapeno.
For this recipe, you'll need a cutting board and knife, as well as a medium-large bowl for mixing.
All of my favorite products and kitchen tools can be found in my Amazon shop.
How to serve
Serve this corn salsa as a dip or add it to a variety of Mexican dishes including tacos, burritos, fajitas, bowls, salads, vegan quesadillas, and more! My favorite is to pair it with Sofritas to make a Chipotle-inspired burrito bowl.
Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Although you can serve this salsa right away, giving the flavors a little time to come together will make it even better! I like to let it rest for at least a half hour (but overnight is even better!)
Chipotle Corn Salsa (Copycat Recipe)
- 2 cup corn kernels
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- ½ red onion finely diced
- 1 jalapeno deseeded, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Prep all of your ingredients (drain or defrost the corn, finely dice the onion, deseed and finely dice the jalapeno, and chop the cilantro). Add all of the ingredients to a bowl.
- Mix to combine. For best results, let sit for 15 to 30 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
- This recipe makes just over two cups of salsa
- Nutritional information is calculated for 8 servings, or just about ¼ cup each.
- You can use fresh, frozen, or canned corn kernels. For frozen, be sure to defrost the kernels. For canned, drain and rinse before adding to the salsa.
Did you try this recipe? Have a question? Just leave a comment below and I'll get back to you ASAP!