Vegan Pumpkin Oatmeal is a super quick and delicious vegan breakfast that's full of pumpkin spice flavor and perfect for getting you into the fall spirit! This cozy and filling dish takes less than 10 minutes. Plus, it's a great way to use up extra canned pumpkin!
Nothing is more cozy on a crisp fall morning than a warm bowl of oatmeal. And what better way to combine this coziness with the flavors of autumn than with this Vegan Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal!
Not only is this vegan breakfast dish delicious, but it's also super quick and requires just a few ingredients. It's a great way to use up extra canned pumpkin and sneak in an extra serving of veggies.
You'll love this recipe because it's:
- Simple & Delicious
- Quick & Easy
- WFPB & Oil-Free
- Perfect for a cozy fall breakfast!
- rolled oats -- quick oats will also work in this recipe but after testing both, I prefer the texture of rolled oats. If you want to use steel-cut oats you'll need to double the amount of liquid and cook the oats for about 20 minutes.
- soy milk -- for creaminess! Any type of plant milk will work but I prefer soy because it's cost-effective and high in protein
- canned pumpkin --this should be unsweetened canned pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling (if you only have pumpkin pie filling, you could try this recipe without the additional seasoning and sweetener)
- water --because you just need a tad more liquid
- maple syrup -- for the perfect amount of sweetness
- pumpkin pie spice -- this is where you get the bulk of the flavor. If you don't have pumpkin pie spice at home, you can make your own.
- cinnamon -- a little extra cinnamon goes a long way to enhance the pumpkin pie flavor
- salt -- adding a pinch of salt will enhance the flavors, but it's totally optional
See recipe card for quantities.
Here are step-by-step instructions with photos.
Add all of the ingredients to a small or medium pot.
Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the oatmeal reaches your preferred consistency. Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Hint: For a thinner oatmeal, cook just until the oats are soft. For a thicker oatmeal, cook until more of the liquid has evaporated.
Here are a few ways to switch things up!
- Dried Fruit - add a handful of raisins or craisins for contrasting sweetness
- Crunchy - top with nuts and/or vegan granola for added texture
- Apples - add chopped apple for the perfect fall combo
For this recipe, you'll just need a small or medium pot for cooking and something to stir with.
All of my favorite products and kitchen tools can be found in my Amazon shop.
How to serve
Serve this Vegan Pumpkin Oatmeal with your favorite toppings like nuts, granola, fruit, vegan yogurt, or whatever you like!
Although this is a breakfast dish, there's no reason you can't enjoy it for a snack or even a dessert!
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
This recipe makes one serving. To double or triple the recipe, just toggle the buttons on the recipe card!
Yes! Just add all of your ingredients to a microwave-safe bowl (the bowl should be big enough for the oatmeal to expand), mix everything together, and microwave on high for about 2 ½ minutes. Check out this tutorial for more tips!
More vegan breakfast recipes
Vegan Pumpkin Oatmeal
- Add all of the ingredients to a small or medium-sized pot.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the oatmeal reaches your preferred consistency.
- Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
- This recipe makes 1 serving. To increase the number of servings, toggle the button across from the ingredient list on the recipe card.
- For microwave instructions, see the FAQs.
Did you try this recipe? Have a question? Just leave a comment below and I'll get back to you ASAP!