This collection of Vegan Meal Prep Recipes includes a variety of dishes that are perfect for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Get inspired and organized with these delicious make-ahead meals!
Meal planning is something I've always struggled with, which is why I created my meal planning printables. And that's also why I love recipes that can be made or prepped in advance.
All of the recipes in this collection are recipes I've actually used for make ahead breakfasts, lunches, or dinners. I'm not always as organized as I'd like to be, but whenever I do get ahead of the game to do a little meal prepping, I'm always so glad I did!
I hope these recipes will help and inspire you, too!
What is meal prep?
Meal prep recipes can mean different things to different people--or even different things the same person! In some cases it means making the entire meal ahead of time, in other cases it can just be prepping the ingredients. Sometimes it means bulk-prepping freezer meals, and other times it's prepping and dividing ingredients into grab-and-go containers.
The great part is, there's no wrong way to meal prep! Anytime you prepare something ahead of time, you're doing your future self a favor. Generally, meal prepping also involves making things in bulk, which can save tons of time and even money! Bonus!
Meal prep tips
- Get organized! I'm not talking about making color coded binders or anything extreme. Just get a piece of paper and make a list of the meals you want to prep in advance. The tools in my free Meal Planning Printables can help make this a little smoother.
- Shop your pantry! Before you hit the store, see what you've already got in stock. This can save you both time and money, especially if you plan your weeks meals around ingredients you already have.
- Freeze! Frozen fruits and veggies sometimes get a bad rap--but they're actually just as nutritious, if not MORE nutritious, than their fresh counterparts. They're perfect for using in meal prep recipes because they don't need to any prep work of their own.
- Find some time! Some people like to spend a few hours on Sunday afternoon prepping for the week. But if you've got more time on a Tuesday morning, no one will judge. Or maybe you don't have big chunks of time and you just want to do a little here and a little there. That's also fine!
- Make it fun! No one likes to feel like they're chained to the stove, so if you can find a way to make it fun, you'll be more likely to stick with it. Put on your favorite tunes, listen to a podcast, make it into a game. Whatever motivates you!
- Enlist some help! Got a roommate, partner, or kids? Then you've got an extra pair of hands to help out!
Breakfast meal prep recipes
All of these vegan breakfast recipes can be made in advance and eaten over the course of 1 to 2 weeks, depending on how many people are eating them. Several of these recipes can be frozen, as well.
I've just included one muffin recipe below, but if you want more variety check out these other vegan muffin recipes:
Lunch meal prep recipes
Lunch can be anything you want, but I've chosen a variety of dishes that can be made in advance, divided into portions, and stored in the fridge until ready to eat. They are perfect for packed lunches, picnics, or just grabbing when you're in a rush.
One of the best types of meal prep lunches is the humble yet versatile salad, in all its many forms. For even more salad ideas, check out my collection of Vegan Summer Salads. Here are a few that get honorable mention:
Meal prep dinner recipes
For these vegan meal prep dinner recipes, I've chosen a selection of dishes that can be made in advance, stored, and quickly reheated. Bonus points for the ones that make more than 4 servings (can you say leftovers!).
I hope these vegan meal prep recipes keep you going for awhile! For more help with meal planning and prepping, be sure to grab my free Meal Planning Printables!